Be One of My Froglets

Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

My first post for 2012.

2012 is so wierd. It doesnt feel like a new year at all.

Ayala wasn't as filled up as before. Lotsa white people, lotsa mediterranean guys, but where are the locals? And almost every other person brought his dog?!?

Are we ever so lonely that animals will start to take the place of our loved ones?

I was staring at the floating lanterns (parang Rapunzel lang, without hair) and the fireworks, and I thought, "Fine, you're not the only lonely person, at least in Makati."

And when I came back home to Mayapis, I saw all my neighbors outside. I saw where all the people were.

They were home.

They were with friends.

They were with family.

If it's true that this year is the last, I may have spent my last new year alone.

Fuck you, Mr. Right. You weren't here again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...